Last year we lost two of the Red Team members in two separate incidents in Afghanistan. They were there performing an assessment while attached to a military unit.
In one incident they took fire and one of the Team members, jumped out of his cover to assist a wounded soldier. He dragged the soldier to safety but he was shot while doing this. He died on the way to the field hospital.
The other incident was pure bad luck. A mortar round found its way to the position where the unit and the Team member were taking cover when the attack began. They had no chance.
Last year I put some of my watches and other gear for a raffle to help raise money for their families. This is year I would like to raise money in a way that everyone that donates gets something and after asking the guys in the Team, they all agree that tshirts are the best way. We all love them and we all need a cool, new tshirt.
So, we have created a new campaign with this tshirt. The design was made for the Team that went to Afghanistan. We figured it would be a good tshirt. I hope you guys like it.
Available in 4 different colors, the target is 100 tshirts. Make it count. Spread the word please!
We need another 60 to make this count. Help me tell people about it.
What does it mean when a man falls in love with a radiant face across the room? It may mean that he has some soul work to do. His soul is the issue. Instead of pursuing the woman and trying to get her alone … he needs to go alone himself, perhaps to a mountain cabin, for three months, write poetry, canoe down a river, and dream.
That would save some women a lot of trouble.
Pocket dump of an Intelligence Studies student from San Diego, Ca.
- Field Notes Notebook w/ Fisher Space Pen. For remembering brilliant/stupid thoughts.
- Nokia branded bifold leather wallet. I got it from a swag-box my mother took home with her back when she worked as a Nokia sales-rep. It will probably be replaced by a Saddleback Leather wallet in the near-future.
- iPhone 5s. I used to be anti-Apple to the core (lulz), but as I got older I began to appreciate and respect the simplicity and reliability of iOS.
- Emerson CQC-15. Pretty overkill for everyday package-opening, but I figured I’d get the best I could for my budget at the time.
- Contingent Operational Group T-shirt by Inglorious Amateurs. Just simply Old-school O.S.S. badassery on a fine piece of wearable fabric. It succinctly illustrates the passion that drives me in life.
- Miscellaneous items not pictured include: chapstick, Altoids, and keys. Those get employed depending on the situation.